Zachary and I attended the 6th Annual Juno Cup here in Vancouver. It is an event that mixes music with sport, matching NHL alumni with top artists and entertainers. NHLers vs. Rockers. Michael Landsberg was the voice of the evening, and he was pretty funny.
I was thrilled to see Lanny McDonald! He was the man of the game. He is still an amazing hockey player and great man. Zachary and I were sitting with Darcy and Debbie in the corner right at ice level. Whenever Lanny would come around he would wave at Zachary. While they were warming up before the final period (they played to periods with a skills compition between) Lanny came over to Zachary and told him he liked his hat. Then he tried to toss a puck over to him but the net above the glass was in the way so Darcy met him over where he could toss it over.

Darcy catching the puck from Lanny McDonald for Zachary
Zack was thrilled!!
Oh ya there is another story for this story. First of all the game was at UBC Thunderbird Stadium which is quite a distance from our home in Langley (took us about 2 hours to get there). We were driving down the highway and Zachary had his window open... he also had his ticket in hand... well until he dropped it out the window. Yup dropped his ticket to the game right out the window on Highway 1 westbound. Lucky for him we happened to be crawling along in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic. So I pulled over (in shock) and gave him the lecture of things out the window. I told him we were not able to go now because he didn't have a ticket. Not wanting to have to continue in traffic only to turn back home, I got out of the truck and walked back a bit to where I could see the ticket right in the middle of the road. Since it was slow moving traffic I was able to walk out and get the ticket. I don't think it will happen again... I think it would be less likely to happen again if we had lost the ticket for good out the window. But lesson is learnt for both of us... don't put ANYTHING out the window... and do not give kids tickets until you are at the game.
1 comment:
And that's why Jesus holds our ticket to heaven in His hand until we get there.
Post a Comment